Kimberly Karalius is the author of Love Fortunes and Other Disasters and its sequel Love Charms and Other Catastrophes. If you gave her a wish bone, she would wish fervently for snow in Florida. Living in Florida certainly has one big perk: going to Disney World. Which she does. Frequently.
Kimberly holds an MFA in fiction from the University of South Florida. Her fiction has appeared in literary journals such as Luna Station Quarterly, The Medulla Review, and Hogglepot. Her chapbook, Pocket Forest, was published by Deathless Press in August 2013.
fun facts about kim:
- Kim holds an MFA in Creative Writing (Fiction) from the University of South Florida. Her undergraduate years were spent at Florida Southern College, where she earned her B.A. in English.
- Kim eats, sleeps, and breathes: fairy tales, mythology, cartoons, and silent films (esp Buster Keaton).
- She's a 90s kid. Any references to the 90s are always appreciated and (quite frankly) delightful.
- Kim’s top favorite TV shows are Pushing Daisies, Gotham, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. She has also been known to wear a Tardis dress, has a Death Note on her bookshelf, and owns too many Shadow the Hedgehog plushies from claw machines.
- Kim doesn’t cook. The microwave is her best friend.
- DISNEY WORLD.
- In case Florida decides to deviate from its usual sticky hot weather year-round, Kim has plenty of scarves, mittens, and knitted hats.
- Kim's motto happens to match Uncle Grandpa's: